Sunday, September 19, 2010
Fed up with the d word
So here's the deal. I am a twenty-something spinster who sincerely hopes to become a twenty-something housewife. Sad, but true. But with all this talk about divorce, I am beginning to wonder why I should even bother. If marriage isn't worth fighting for, especially of the eternal variety, then why should I even step in the ring? Don't get me wrong; I know that marriage is tough. And if the relationship is abusive then by all means get out! But no relationship is always a picnic. Why are so many couples in my life giving up? Don't those covenants mean anything more to these people than just a piece of paper that can easily be shredded beyond recognition? I apologize if I offend any of my readers, but this is a subject that has been plaguing my mind A LOT lately and has been causing problems in one of my relationships. I will say this, however. My good friend is in charge of ward stare in her ward and tonight she has decided to revolutionize the way it is done. I say more power to her, but that is not the point. The thought she has chosen to use tonight is one from Joseph Smith that discusses the fact that fear and faith cannot reside in one person. So although I am tempted to be burdened by the fear that marriage is a crock and not worth my time, I am going to choose instead to have faith that I will be able to find a man who will be in it for the long haul. Eternity is a long time, so why would you ever opt to spend it alone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment