I apologize for slacking in the blogging world. I have been preoccupied with bigger, better, and quite frankly, more important things. Before I get into today's ramblings, I suggest you all read CJACRUN's comment on this post. It is good stuff. And CJACRUN, you are a phenomenal writer! Remember how you answered all my questions on my application for the yearbook staff? They thought I was so much more witty than I actually am! Fooled 'em!
Anyway, the truth is, I haven't had anything, "being single" related happen in my life lately. I have had a few conversations with a few fellow singles, but nothing exciting to report there. Oh, unless we should take a poll...Even at the ripe old age of 25 should you go on a date with a person you are not sure you would want to marry? Voice your opinion in the comments section.
I guess I can tell you about my second attempt. On Sunday, I went to ward stare again. Had a brief conversation with said prey from last post and he didn't even listen long enough to ask for my name. Nice. Needless to say my confidence is shot once again. I may be a little pudgy with a zit here and there, but does that qualify me to being black listed in the YSA world? Oh wait, that's not what it is, it's because I am old! Really I'm not, but by YSA standards I may as well be 80! Really I don't know what it is. I might have a message on my forehead that is invisible to me, but visible to men that says "spinster" or "not interested." I know that is ridiculous, but obviously there is some kind of barrier, right!? My excuse now is that I am moving so there is no point in getting to know the men in my ward, right? Although, two months can be an eternity in mormon world. Is it worth it?
Of course my vote is not a simple yes or no...shocker. My mom always told me, “You can’t help who you fall in love with, but you can control who you date”. So part one of the answer is never settle… NEVER! Not on anything, especially not on one of the most important decisions you will make FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER. :) If the guy is not worthy of you, he is not. Don’t try to change him, don’t get in any deeper, it will only get harder to cut the cord… run and don’t look back. Alone is far better than a loser and that is what losers will make you. I think often I can endure anything, 75 years is nothin’.
ReplyDeleteI deeply believe that marriage is vitally important and can be a joy, it can also be hell, the WHO should be nothing short of magic, you are to be joint creators in life; one, with the ability to become God yourself. All this you know, but I am trying to paint the picture that if you don’t see even the glimmer of that in your applicant, run.
Some of the best council I ever received was to be the woman that I needed to be and put myself in a position to meet the right guy; it is what you can control.
However if the question is more surface ie: your applicant is suffering from young-guyitis (idiot), the closest he gets to suave is the shampoo, or like one of my favorite songs says “although he may not be the man some girls think of as handsome, to my heart he carries the key” why not get the free steak and perhaps a diamond in the rough out if it.